Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltpape
Level 8

After the latest software update, no channels will load Roku Premier 4630

After the version 10 update,  my Roku Premier seems to function, but none of my channels will load  not even the Roku Channel, I just get a white box with the channel name that says loading with the rotating swirl, but nothing else, the channel won't load.  The only thing that does work is Fandango.  Help?  I have restarted the unit several times, no effect.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: After the latest software update, no channels will load Roku Premier 4630

When I checked for updates this morning, all three of my Rokus (see my sig below) had the Roku 10 upgrade available so I told them to go ahead and update. 

With a major software update like this, first thing I do when the unit restarts is ANOTHER manual update (Settings - System - System update - Check now), which usually results in a bunch of my channel apps getting updated for the new Roku version.  Then, just to be sure, I restart the Roku (Settings - System - System restart, or for Roku TV, Settings - System - Power - System restart).

On two of my units I had to reset my network connection.

Aside from that, the only problems I encountered were with the TCL Roku TV.  The Live TV listings were screwed up.  Also the satellite box on HDMI 1 had audio but no video.  An additional restart of the TV fixed both problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
ltpape
Level 8

Re: After the latest software update, no channels will load Roku Premier 4630

Finally go it to work, had to disconnect power, LAN, and HDMI cables from the Roku, restart my modem and TV, then reconnect the Roku. 

0 Kudos