Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uncle-jerry71
Reel Rookie

Roku suddenly will not load Prime Video, Fubo, Netflix, and some other channels

Jump to solution

My Roku 3800 will not load Prime Video, Fubo and Netflix.  Also, several other channels will not load.

After reading much about this type of Roku problem here at Roku.com, I also ran into other "Roku fix" problems.

Roku will not download any updates.  The indicator spins until it times out.

Roku will not remove Prime, Fubo or Netflix channels as Roku recommends, thus Roku has no opportunity to reload these channels. The indicator spins until it times out.

Roku suggested at least 3 ways to remove channels and reload channels.  None of those processes worked, the indicator just spun until it timed out.

BUT, I wanted to let you know that I fixed this problem!!!!!!  Here's how I did it (see below):

I disconnected the Roku stick and plugged in an Amazon Fire Stick.  PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!  Everything works!  Amazing!

blussier

Britbox not loading

Jump to solution

OK I have 2 Roku devices. The main one in living room the BritBox channel will not open it states 0% upload and nothing happens can't even get bout of ion unless I unplug the device and plug back in. Also when I try to remove same thing after 10 minutes nothing so had to unplug again and plug back in. The one upstairs works fine and that is a stick. The main one is a Roku 3. Other channels work fine. Why can't Britbox work or remove. I even tried removing other channels the same thing. You should allow us to remove channels online also that would help.

0 Kudos
Carolyn74

Reply to Channels not loading

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't allow removing channels when it thinks there is no internet connection.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Reply to Channels not loading

Jump to solution

@Carolyn74, that's correct.  It has to be able to contact the channel store to add or remove a channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
uncle-jerry71
Reel Rookie

Re: Reply to Channels not loading

Jump to solution

To be very clear, there was an internet connection because everything else associated with my TV and the internet, and every other item I had in my house, which could connect to the internet, connected and worked just fine, just like when I said after I took the Roku stick out and plugged in my new Fire stick it found the internet and it continues to work great to this day!  Roku was unable to find the internet that was working and available, so evidently, the Roku stick, Roku software, Roku etc., was not working so I discarded it.

ManyCatMama
Reel Rookie

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, where only Netflix works. Tried the system update check but my Roku didn't freeze, it just said it's up to date. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ManyCatMama

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the following information so we can better understand what you are seeing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aaT

Apps Not Loading on my TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with apps not loading on the TCL Roku tv.  Already tried resetting the tv to factory settings.  The only apps that will load are - Bloomberg TV, PBS, and a few others. 

0 Kudos
DM100
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps Not Loading on my TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I meant to say 4K+ not 4x above.

DM

0 Kudos
FrankKoch
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After doing a follow-up update that updated 8 more items on my Ultra, It now takes 50 seconds to get playback on my hardwired Ultra after selecting the CNN-Go channel, selecting the US version, and selecting live play.

This massive delay problem happens on other channels after they are chosen.

Just started to happen after the OS update yesterday.

Currently at Version 10.5.0  

build 4201

0 Kudos