Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CitzenCain
Streaming Star

Re: Will not launch channels

Jump to solution

Here's an idea try testing your updates before dumping them on customers.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. 

If you are experiencing multiple channel playback issues on Roku Ultra models 4660, 4661, 4662, and 4670, you may check for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.
To check for a manual update, navigate to Home Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
jkd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, I would appreciate your help with a Roku that is being used for the first time since last year's firmware-upgrade problem. No channels will load, and manual system updates fail with a "try again later" message. Please downgrade the following device so it works again:

Model 4670X Roku Ultra

Serial YJ0030379064

Version 10.5.0 build 4208-46

Device KW9983379064

Thank you,

jkd

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jkd

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing when you try to access a channel? Does this issue happe across all channels? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, if you connect your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile device, does the issue persist?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Justkym4

Jump to solution

Hello! @RokuAustin I have a Roku Premiere Model 3920X ESN YH00DS323505 that will not allow me to launch any apps. When I click on an app it goes to a grey screen for a moment and then goes back to the roku home page, or it will say unable to connect to the internet (but when I check internet status on device it says it’s connected). I have done a factory reset, have tried to restart my modem and the roku device multiple times. I have also uninstalled apps and reinstalled and am still unable to start up an app. My roku TV in another room and all other devices on my internet Wi-Fi are working fine. 
It is crazy that I am forced to find a thread in a community chat to try and fix this. To return the device under warranty I am supposed to pay shipping and send back my defective device to have another one sent to me? Absolutely crazy. Terrible customer service. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Justkym4

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
riggs867

Jump to solution

I did all the steps listed in the post, and now I get an Error 003 when it tries to update after the factory reset.  I have tried connecting on two different Internet connections (different providers), and the result is the same.  Instead of a device that works partially, I now have a brick.  Please advise next steps.  I have no alternative to watch television.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@riggs867

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? What Roku model device are you using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Suddenly only live channels are loading (PlutoTV and FreeTV) but I can't open Netfilx, Prime Video, Disney+ or HBOMax.

I did the following without any success:

• Factory reset
  • Network reset
  • Reinstall all apps
  • Changed networks

Nothing has fixed the issue.

I'm able to view everything in my TV and Xbox so it's definitely a Roku thing.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @fjlozanoacosta

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Do you receive an error code or message when accessing the affected channels? You've mentioned that you reinstalled the apps. Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling them? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos