Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Totalfunk

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Hello Roku Mary,

Please let tech support know that the Roku devices with this issue  might as well be rocks.

A factory restart as the answer when System Update/Restarts were unsuccessful is not a viable option.

Updates are not working. Please fix software version 10..0.0 Build 4195

0 Kudos
Scotty96
Reel Rookie

Re: Several apps won't 'load'. Unable to 'remove any channel'. Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

The software update and restart steps did not update,  still had old May 25 date. I ended up having to do a " factory reset" . Remember to write down all the apps you have to add back to the channel list, and set up again and the each of those account passwords.

It did fix the apps freezing and the system now has the correct date of an update.

0 Kudos
wendy52

Re: All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

Jump to solution

I am also having the same problem with the Roku Channel and Showtime which I purchase through ROKU, as well as some of the other streaming channels (eg Thirteen). Netflix, paramount and Amazon load fine.

I have a TCL series 6 Roku TV (1 year old). The message I get is 'failure to load' or 'could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from network; check network'. Network connection test our fine and as I said, I get many of the streaming channels.

I cannot even get the option to remove them and reinstall. I did try a reset and changed my network (option of 5K and 2K0.

Please help. I am paying for services that I cannot access.

0 Kudos
Bret-ukoR
Channel Surfer

Re: Slow apps loading

Jump to solution

I’ve got the same problem as Adria and it affects all channels. A “loading” screen now pops up for all of them whenever you try to launch any channel. This started a few months ago. The clear cache thing suggested above did not fix it. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting in contact, @wendy52.

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV, we recommend unplugging your TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in to check if this will resolves the issue.

Have you also try contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest reaching to them to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lerrett710
Reel Rookie

Channels Not Loading

Jump to solution

I’ve restarted roku but every time I click on a channel it won’t load. It either is in a forever time loop or the screen is flashing. Anyone else experiencing this and how do we fix? 

0 Kudos
Djpdb

Re: Channels Not Loading

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, non of my channels load, paramount + loads ads but no show playback.

0 Kudos
mskroko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You should check and see whether your Roku just updated to the latest Version/Build, 10.0.0 Build 4205-C2.  My Ultra 4800X just did, and since then numerous apps, including Fubo, Hulu and Tablo are not functioning properly (unable to load channels and the Tablo app cannot connect to Tablo even though my iOS app can).

The Roku Dev team needs to rollback Build 4205-C2 ASAP

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lerrett710
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I can’t unsubscribe as it was YouTubeTv. But after my 3rd restart it finally started to work. Thanks 

0 Kudos