Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaB
Reel Rookie

Re: ALL channels including Roku are not loading; saying delete channels; worked fine this morning.

Jump to solution

Thank you Kariza for your reply. I am not extremely knowledgeable about computers, just enough to cause trouble. Smiley LOL It does not show OS or operating system, however, It shows the software version. The software version is:  10.0.0 build 4195-51. There was a symbol I could not identify between the 10.0.0 and build 4195.51. I have not tried a factory reset because I do not know what will happen after. I do not remember any of my user names and passwords/codes for any of my service providers. If this information is required after a factory reset I will have created more problems for myself. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
BP_78215
Reel Rookie

Re: Will not launch channels - ISSUE FIXED

Jump to solution

Stalker TV app that I had used for about 4-months stopped working last week.  After I tried everything everyone said on this thread many times (and of course feeling like an idiot and holding Roku responsible for the glitch) I decided to borrow a Roku from a friend and try.  I had the same problem; I enter the URL, user name, password and hit OK, it would return to 'home' screen.  I borrowed Apple TV, paid to download Stalker App (unlike on Roku, it costs $4.99 on Apple TV), guess what.....same problem.

Finally I decided that the problem has to be local.....called AT&T the internet provider and they were of no-use.  Finally downloaded 'Smart Home' app and lo and behold, I had umpteen messages telling the URL was blocked as AT&T had detected a "Privacy Threat," as Roku was trying to send unencrypted authentication information.  Anyways, my issue has been solved.  I understand many of your issues may not be the same.  Good luck. 

0 Kudos
BP_78215
Reel Rookie

Re: ALL channels including Roku are not loading; saying delete channels; worked fine this morning.

Jump to solution

Factory reset defaults back to when you initially got the Roku.  I did that on mine and of course had to re-sign to all the apps that required a sign in.  Good luck.

OryansBelt
Reel Rookie

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just read a little further into this thread and saw that many were having the same problem as I was.  I did all the simple fixes with no luck.  So I just waited a few days to do the factory reset, but fortunately I tried one more time  on Monday to do the system update and the TV uploaded the update and started working.  One weird thing the TV did before the fix was that lines would streak across the screen when I tried to change the volume.  It doesn't now.  I hope this was just a problem associated with the main problem of not loading apps.

Thank you,

Mazz
Roku Guru

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

I know some are apprehensive about doing a factory reset, but it most cases it can get your devices back up and running, sometimes like new. Factory resets are always the last resort, in our FB group we troubleshoot as much as possible before recommending a reset. If you wait for another update to resolve the issues it may not happen, updating to a system that became corrupt can sometimes add to the problems. You have nothing to lose by Factory resetting, except maybe 20 minutes of time.

0 Kudos
penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@AnnaB wrote:

Thank you Kariza for your reply. I am not extremely knowledgeable about computers, just enough to cause trouble. Smiley LOL It does not show OS or operating system, however, It shows the software version. The software version is:  10.0.0 build 4195-51. There was a symbol I could not identify between the 10.0.0 and build 4195.51. I have not tried a factory reset because I do not know what will happen after. I do not remember any of my user names and passwords/codes for any of my service providers. If this information is required after a factory reset I will have created more problems for myself. Thank you for your help.

Anna, passwords can be tricky. I have a different password for everything in my world and I could never remember all the random letters and numbers I use. I've always kept a little notebook, with tabs that I keep next to my computer with all my passwords written down. Oh.. and in pencil since frequently they have to be changed. 

0 Kudos
purrfectpatty
Binge Watcher

Re: Attempts to load video, new apps or check for updates yields unending "loading ..." sc

Jump to solution

Same here. No YouTube, no apps, no streaming. Roku just keeps digging itself in deeper and deeper. Are you people trying to screw us on your way out? Two Roku streaming players and a TCL Roku TV and none of them work.

0 Kudos
Ringsakerc

Re: Can't get into YouTube or Prime Video

Jump to solution

Mine is OS 10. Can't get into Prime Video, PBS kids or Disney. All channels i pay for. Have tried your suggested fixes w no luck. Going on 2 weeks. Will you reimburse me for these?? The problem is on your end.

0 Kudos
bfrein
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to resort to the "nuclear option" Factory reset....it worked and I got the unit back working even though it is Ver 10.0.0.0 Build 4195-06...same as before. Disappointed in Roku programmers and especially tech support. Roku is full of a bunch of F&$ktards! Moving on to another streaming device.

0 Kudos
Mazz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Some advice i can give if you want help is to look us up on Facebook we are Roku Rocks, 16,000 members strong.

0 Kudos