Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mazz
Roku Guru

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

2 options, Factory reset to see if that clears things up, or if you have received the 10.0 update try and revert it back to an earlier Build!

0 Kudos
skindnef
Channel Surfer

Re: Will not launch channels

Jump to solution

Just wanted to say;

I had same issues, did a factory reset, took 15 minutes signed back into all my channels, no issues since. Every Channel App loads, some like AppleTV+ never loaded faster. Just factory reset, go through a few minutes sign back into everything, good to go. It’s bull**bleep**, middle finger Roku for the hassle, but try it, worked for me. 

penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I shouldn't have to do a factory reset to get the unit working again and its shouldn't take almost a week to get anything other than pat "we're working on it and will let you know as soon as we figure it out." If I have to factory reset and start over from square one, why not just buy a brand new unit... and not a Roku one?  I can't even get it to look for new updates because every time I do it just locked up and resets. How am I suppose to try to get an older version when it won't even look for a new one?

0 Kudos
penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I could probably do that but I shouldn't have to. They broke it, they need to own it and fix it. If I have to start over and reload all my apps and relog into everything and hope that it works I might as well get something else and do the same thing. There is no way it should take a week to get some kind of an answer from the company, more than the thanks for the info we're working on it.... 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@penguinsoda wrote:

I shouldn't have to do a factory reset to get the unit working again and its shouldn't take almost a week to get anything other than pat "we're working on it and will let you know as soon as we figure it out." If I have to factory reset and start over from square one, why not just buy a brand new unit... and not a Roku one?  I can't even get it to look for new updates because every time I do it just locked up and resets. How am I suppose to try to get an older version when it won't even look for a new one?

You arent going to be able to download any newer/fixed build if the update mechanism is broken.

So if the Network connection reset, restart, power cycle, etc arent working for you to be able to get the update process working again, your only option is a factory reset, especially considering the fact that your original post stated it happened after a (planned) power outage, which may have corrupted the upgrade process (and the update mechanism).

The answer to your question is "you wont, unless you can get the update mechanism working properly again, which may only be possible with a factory reset".

Judyby1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Last night- Monday, May 17--Access to YouTube, Netflix, and Prime were restored to my Sharp Roku TV.

I did not do any of the suggested resets or reboots as I am a senior non-techie.  I did supply the the information--on Sunday-- requested by Kariza on this page- model #, Serial #, Device ID, App versions and builds.

I am assuming this information aided Roku in restoring the apps.  I might be wrong about that, but in any case, I thank all of you who responded and Roku as the problem--for now--appears to be resolved.

0 Kudos
zhnia
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Worked for me as well. Pain in the a$$ however. Noticed it was a 10.0.0.13 rebuild where as before it was just 10.0.0. They must have seen issue and resolved but never addressed publicly. Sketchy. 

BP_78215
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done everything they are saying on this thread about 15-times.  Feel like an idiot fixing something that I did not break.........very frustrating and the problem still remains.  

skindnef
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I 100% agree. I let Roku know what I think of their lack of "real" tech support. It is a joke to not even have a tech support chat or really any means of contacting tech support regarding issues. 

skindnef
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Factory reset your device. It works, resolves issue.