Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Attempts to load video, new apps or check for updates yields unending "loading ..." sc

Jump to solution

Try these:

1)  Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system setting/Network connection reset), try loading/checking for updates again.

2)  Change theme to Roku default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme), try loading/checking for updates again.

3)  Change screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers), try loading/checking for updates again.

4)  Revert your firmware to 9.4 (if available) - check the forum/internet for steps to do this.

Otherwise, contact Roku directly:

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

and message @RokuDanny-R @RokuMary-F  and @RokuKariza-D  with your info/details (Model #/Serial #/ID/account email/country/description of issue)

0 Kudos
PolkadotCadaver
Reel Rookie

Re: Attempts to load video, new apps or check for updates yields unending "loading ..." sc

Jump to solution

TV (55p605) updated while we were out today (according to update history), came home and nothing will load at all. Checking for updates results in a hard reboot. Can only get to the inputs. 

0 Kudos
James6556

Jump to solution

Having the same issue after the update. WHY HAS ROKU NOT ATTEMPTED TO ANSWER THIS OBVIOUS UPDATE ISSUE??????? Will a factory reset resolve this problem? The wife says doing so will lose the spectrum app and will not be able to recover it. IS THIS TRUE ROKU??? Does ROKU monitor community topics and make suggestions or is this just a place for everyone to vent their frustrations??

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PolkadotCadaver wrote:

TV (55p605) updated while we were out today (according to update history), came home and nothing will load at all. Checking for updates results in a hard reboot. Can only get to the inputs. 

Try the steps outlined in my previous post.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@James6556 wrote:

Having the same issue after the update. WHY HAS ROKU NOT ATTEMPTED TO ANSWER THIS OBVIOUS UPDATE ISSUE??????? Will a factory reset resolve this problem? The wife says doing so will lose the spectrum app and will not be able to recover it. IS THIS TRUE ROKU??? Does ROKU monitor community topics and make suggestions or is this just a place for everyone to vent their frustrations??

You may lose the Spectrum app - I wouldnt advise the Factory reset for now.

Yes, they do monitor the forums, though not 24/7.  Yes, its also a place for venting frustrations (and perhaps seeking/getting solutions)

Try messaging @RokuDanny-R  or @RokuMary-F  or @RokuKariza-D 

Did you try the steps outlined in my previous post?

0 Kudos

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

Roku tv 7203x

Sharp model Lc-55LBU591U

Serial # YN00K6607075

Software version 10.0.0 build 4195-38

All of the channels are not loading. 

0 Kudos
OryansBelt
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV won’t load apps. Just shows word”loading”

Jump to solution

Just curious, what have and/or will you do now.  Like I said in my post I've tried all the easy things.  The only thing I think I have left now is a complete factory restore.  Don't want too, but I don't think there is much else to do.  Plus it may still not help.

0 Kudos
GaryGaskill
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Reseting the network connection and reconnecting (of course) fixed the problem! Many thanks.

0 Kudos
chill4us

Re: Netflix will not load

Jump to solution

I just tried to log into the Amazon Prime Videos channel Netflix and Apple TV and all are doing the same thing. The screen flashed for a bit like it was logging in, flashed again and then brought me back to the home menu. I've been using these channels successfully for a few years then nothing. After reading some guides, I tried uninstalling the channel, shutting off the device and then reinstalling the channel, but I have the same issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you, kindly!

0 Kudos
Judyby1
Channel Surfer

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

This has been happening on my Sharp Roku Smart TV since last week.  It started with YouTube and then Netflix and Prime Video fell off a day or two later.

Sharp Roku TV 8208X  Sharp Model LC-24LB601U

Serial # YK00V4667654

Device ID - JUS8CV667654

Software OS/Version 10.0.0  Build 4195-69

Netflix 5.0  Build 9879416

Prime Video 11,8  Build 202022414

YouTube 1.0  Build 93000138

AppleTV 6.0  Build 138

Would appreciate hearing about status and progress of resolving this problem.  Thank  you

0 Kudos