Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CliffSTJ

Re: Will not launch channels

Jump to solution

Had the same issue. Channels wouldn't load at all. Checked and last update was 4/12. Couldn't even get the device to check for an update. Roku just kept resetting itself when trying to check. Decided to factory reset the device as a last resort. It worked! Total pain in the a$$ to re-download channels and re-authorize everything, but it worked...

CliffSTJ

Jump to solution

Sorry, update was 5/12, two days ago. Now after factory reset it shows updated 5/14.

penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thats total bull **bleep**! If I have to do a factory reset and start over from square one again I might as well go out and buy a new (Non Roku) device.  They broke it, they need to fix it and if they can't fix it without the customers having to start over from the beginning... then not only their customer service suck but the technical side does as well. 

skindnef
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@penguinsoda wrote:

Thats total bull **bleep**! If I have to do a factory reset and start over from square one again I might as well go out and buy a new (Non Roku) device.  They broke it, they need to fix it and if they can't fix it without the customers having to start over from the beginning... then not only their customer service suck but the technical side does as well. 

It did load all the Channels, themes, etc.. that I had before so it wasn’t so bad. At least after it actually worked! Hope they get their act together with testing the Updates before they push them to us.

penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I know I could do it. I know it would probably work but do I want to take the time to sit there and reinstall every channel, relog into to every channel, resync everything.... I don't know. I don't watch that much tv anyway. I may just ponder for a few days while I research other devices before I go to the time and effort to start over again. 

nsweaney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirming that CliffSTJ.  I was planning to try that eventually as well, but nice to know it definitely works.  I'm with penguin right now, still frustrated & probably going to wait a few days to let my annoyance with Roku fester & then see what happens.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

@bfrein wrote:

Model 2710X

10.0.0 Build 4195-06

Updated May 8

When you select update...these are the following screens...

Channel 1 - Releasing Gravity Locks
Channel 2 - Supercharging your system
Channel 3 - Opening Stream Gates
Channel 4 - Maximizing Fun Factor
Channel 5 - Aligning Solar Panels
Channel 6 - Tuning the hyperdrive
Channel 7 Engaging warp drive

I have done network reset including resetting modem and router 3x
I have done system restart immediately after update 2x

I can not add channels or view any existing channel ACCEPT for Netflix

Try:

1)  Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings)

2)  Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme)

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers)

4)  Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now)

0 Kudos
bfrein
Channel Surfer

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

Followed the steps exactly...nope still wont load any channels except Netflix

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out on Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

If you are experiencing this issue please post the following information:

- Your Device ID and software version (found under Home > Settings > System > About)

- What channels you've tried to launch that have failed

Our engineering team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Thank you!

Austin

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Wallruss

Jump to solution

My Roku TV also will not launch channels and I unable to bypass this problem with the phone app. It has been out for two days now. I've restarted multiple times and every time I try to do an update the process starts, then hangs, then reboots. Who do we contact to get this addressed? What good is posting in the forums if Roku is not responding?