Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Adult Swim offered on Roku, but won't activate w/out cable

Jump to solution

Roku website says it offers Adult Swim. The channel appeared on my lineup. There's a box to choose Roku, then the activation code box appears. When I enter the code displayed on my Roku, it next always asks for my cable provider.

Either Roku gets Adult Swim or it doesn't, which is it?  If it doesn't, why is the Adult Swim box in my lineup, why does the Roku website say it does?  

If Roku does have Adult Swim, why does activation always send me to cable subscription list?

Prior posts on this are from 2019

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Adult Swim offered on Roku, but won't activate w/out cable

Jump to solution

Adult Swim has made their content available to Roku users who are paying for the Adult Swim service via a paid subscription to a tv provider that carries Adult Swim.  This is very common for virtually all cable-stations that also allow internet streaming.

Some may show just little clips, or limited episodes to try to get you to subscribe, but many won't work at all without that paid tv provider subscription.

Roku doesn't know whether you have a qualifying subscription for that channel or not.

Try to load ESPN or USA Network, as just a couple of examples, and see what you get.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Adult Swim offered on Roku, but won't activate w/out cable

Jump to solution

Adult Swim has made their content available to Roku users who are paying for the Adult Swim service via a paid subscription to a tv provider that carries Adult Swim.  This is very common for virtually all cable-stations that also allow internet streaming.

Some may show just little clips, or limited episodes to try to get you to subscribe, but many won't work at all without that paid tv provider subscription.

Roku doesn't know whether you have a qualifying subscription for that channel or not.

Try to load ESPN or USA Network, as just a couple of examples, and see what you get.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos