Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpfundst

Adding the NESN channel to my ROKU

Jump to solution

I read that the sports channel "NESN" was now available to download onto my ROKU.

I added the channel but it appears "locked" when I go to open the app.

I get a message with a url to enter an activation code and directs me to my "TV Provider"

I do not have a "TV Provider" I have an internet only account and stream. I'm trying to stream NESN. How do I do this on ROKU????  I am not going to add this service to XFINITY  since I do not receive any channels from them; internet only...

Thanks

Dwight

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Adding the NESN channel to my ROKU

Jump to solution

Hi @dpfundst,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please be aware that some channels require a TV or cable subscription to view the content available on their channel. NESN is a free channel that will allow you to access certain content without a TV or cable subscription, however for complete access to all the content available on NESN, you will need to sign in with a TV provider.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dpfundst,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please be aware that some channels require a TV or cable subscription to view the content available on their channel. NESN is a free channel that will allow you to access certain content without a TV or cable subscription, however for complete access to all the content available on NESN, you will need to sign in with a TV provider.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Further explanation.

If you have a paid subscription to a cable/satellite/etc TV provider account which delivers NESN as part of your package, part of your subscription payment goes to NESN to pay for your access

NESN, like many other cable channels, makes its streaming app available only to those who are already paying for their service through such a tv provider. There are services you can subscribe to and receive on Roku, though, that include NESN as part of their service, as long as you live in the NESN service area.  The two of which I am aware are fuboTV and AT&T TV (or whatever AT&T is calling it this week).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lu4

Jump to solution

I have had NESN for months on my Roku and the past week I have not been able to access the station and I do get the message to contact my provider and when I do I get no help from them.

How do I get my station back which I should have?

0 Kudos
SMZ

Jump to solution

Same problem as yours has been driving me crazy for two days.  I've watched NESN on my Roku for months as well.  Now it asks me to sign in for authentication, but it does not work when I follow the instructions to a tee.  My provider is Verizon and I contacted them to see if they can see a problem causing this.  Can find no way to speak with people at Roku as I could at one time.

0 Kudos
bflood603
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

One of the only reasons I picked Roku was that NESN was available to stream, When I attempt to add NESN channel by scanning the QR or visiting the website it just says something went wrong. Very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku has nothing to do with NESN. NESN is a paid service you can only access through a TV provider. Login into the channel with your TV providers credentials. 

0 Kudos
Dchtrnspt

Jump to solution

As others have posted, I get an error message when trying to log in to my tv provider after entering the code on nesn.com/activate.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Dchtrnspt

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to NESN's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos