Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arc1
Level 7

Adding my Pandora to an "inherited" Roku

Jump to solution

I've "inherited" a Roku 2 from a friend. I want to remove his Pandora and add my own (I was able to do this with Netflix and Amazon Prime). I'm able to "delete (his) channel" but when I "add channel" it adds his again....there's no place to enter my info. I've queried Pandora, they suggest the add/remove; if unsuccessful, contact Roku (Roku seems to be "unavailable" right now via phone or chat). There must be a way to do this....any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Adding my Pandora to an "inherited" Roku

Jump to solution

Sounds like you are still connected to your friend's Roku account.  The way to switch to your own account is to do a factory reset on your Roku (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set it up again from scratch.  If you don't already have a Roku account of your own to link to you'll set an account up during the process.

IMPORTANT CAVEAT.  During the process you'll be instructed to go to roku.com/link to link your device.  TYPE THIS IN VERY CAREFULLY AND BE 100% SURE YOU GO TO THAT SITE (it will forward you to my.roku.com/link - that's expected and is okay).  ANY other site is bogus and is a scam intent on getting your payment information and maybe hitting you with bogus registration charges -- back out and try again.

Once connected to your own account you'll need to re-download any missing channel apps, and again log into any apps that require it.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Adding my Pandora to an "inherited" Roku

Jump to solution

Sounds like you are still connected to your friend's Roku account.  The way to switch to your own account is to do a factory reset on your Roku (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set it up again from scratch.  If you don't already have a Roku account of your own to link to you'll set an account up during the process.

IMPORTANT CAVEAT.  During the process you'll be instructed to go to roku.com/link to link your device.  TYPE THIS IN VERY CAREFULLY AND BE 100% SURE YOU GO TO THAT SITE (it will forward you to my.roku.com/link - that's expected and is okay).  ANY other site is bogus and is a scam intent on getting your payment information and maybe hitting you with bogus registration charges -- back out and try again.

Once connected to your own account you'll need to re-download any missing channel apps, and again log into any apps that require it.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos