Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Adding live tv, mlb & nfl

I want to dump DirecTV. But, I want live programming on things like CNN, CBS, Fox, etc. Also want the option of adding NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings. Don't mind paying extra as long as I can cut costs. How can I do that?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Adding live tv, mlb & nfl

You know, of course, that NFL Sunday Ticket is available solely as an extra cost package via Directv -- they pay NFL a huge price for it in order to get exclusivity.

For MLB, subscribe to it directly at mlb.tv for a lower price than Extra Innings costs on Directv, and you can install and run their app on your Roku.

For those channels you can't subscribe to directly, including local broadcast networks, most will only let you stream them if you have a paid subscription to one or another service that includes them, so that they can collect a portion of your subscription fees. Check out the various packages you can subscribe to from streaming consolidators (Youtube TV, Apple TV, Hulu with Live Tv, etc.) to see if any of them can provide the channels you want. Your cost savings typically come by cutting back to only a smaller number of channels you actually want instead of a huge overblown cable/satellite subscription with a ton of channels you have no interest in.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos