Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new channel with code

Hello all.

So I am trying to add a new channel to my lineup but it's one that requires me to add it by code. I've entered the code, but it just tells me I need to add a device and then sends me to a page where I need to type in a code that's supposed to come on my TV. How do I get to the code I am supposed to enter? Just trying to simply add the channel..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Adding a new device

[post moved to appropriate board and title change to denote issue]

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channels that are added and installed onto a Roku device by using the channel’s dedicated access code are non-certified channels. Roku does not review or provide support for non-certified channels. If you need assistance with a non-channel, you will need to contact the channel provider directly.

For more information regarding non-certified channels, visit our Support page here: How do I add a non-certified channel to my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I'd just like to know how to reach the code from my TV that I need to enter.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

A non-certified channel’s dedicated access code is provided by the developer of the channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos