Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoddyB61
Level 7

Adding The Hive

Hello group,

I subscribe to The Hive, a paid streaming service.  When I google adding The Hive to my Roku it says sure, we have that,  however when I search through the available apps to install on the Roku it isn't there.

Is there a way to add this service?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding The Hive

Took me a few clicks of the Details buttons to get to the actual Install Channel page, but here is the link from online Roku Channel Store  https://channelstore.roku.com/details/d6056036c12badd6ec7c94730f8fe945/the-hive-channel

Otherwise also found and installed in under the Search on Roku device.  Searched for Hive, and the Hive Channel was returned.

It does say it is a Premium 4k streaming service but I am only seeing 6 videos as being available, about 3 min each.   No login or anything.  

I am a US user so if above does not work for you, possibly not available in certain countries or could be device restricted/limited.

For what it's worth, there is also a free The Hive Masters Channel.  Can use either Search or the Streaming Channels..Search from within Roku to find both.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

This one?  That's the one that comes up at the top of google when I search as you did.

I'm in the US - if you are in a different location, channel availability/licensing does vary from region to region.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @RoddyB61,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Where are you currently located? The HIVE channel is only available in the US region and not from the Roku Canada channel store. Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 
For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos