Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alpinist8
Level 7

Adding King5 to my roku

Have watched King5 on roku for years. Suddenly cannot get there. I deleted and tried to add back. Stops at about 81% of add then ends, says cannot be loaded. Noted that the King5 icon recently changed, now dated May 21, 2019. Date before was much earlier.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
theuser86
Level 7

Re: Adding King5 to my roku

Reboot your Roku. If that doesn't work, factory reset your Roku.
0 Kudos
alpinist8
Level 7

Well, did factory reset, in the process it automatically re-added 45 channels, I even saw King5 being added. Thought all was well.. Also automatically added stuff I did not want, paid channels like Hulu, ESPN, etc.

However, while Hulu and ESPN and others showed up, including almost all the channels originally there, King5 was NOT present.. Tried to add King5....no go....same problem as before...gets to about 80% added and then tells me channel cannot be added.
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 8

I just tried adding king5 to my Roku stick, it failed.
0 Kudos
alpinist8
Level 7

I did mention that I noticed that the date on the King5 logo had changed, now May 21, 2019. I don't recall when I first noticed the problem, but could easily have been just after that date. The previous date was Feb of some previous year, do not recall specifically, maybe 2012?

All else seems OK. Somehow the King 5 won't load.....It's the King5.
Maybe something changed between Roku and King5? I don't know how the King5 signal gets to Roku, what sort of agreement they have.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Wasn't aware KING had a Roku channel. I get them perfect over the air, so never even looked. I just tried adding it to my Premiere and the install failed. Since it'a dated so recently (May 21), I'm assuming their developer messed something up and now it won't work/install. You'll have to reach out to KING for help. It's their channel. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos