Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doglvr
Level 7

Adding Channels

I have Netflix, Hulu, Hallmark and Amazon Prime on the TV in my den which I pay monthly for. I got a Roku Streaming Stick for the tv in the guest bedroom and when I go to Netflix, Hulu, Hallmark etc., it's ask for me to pay. I don't understand why I would have to pay again monthly to get these channels when I'm already paying for them. 

I hope someone can help me and tell me how to get these channels added without having to pay again.

Thanks,
Renee

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Adding Channels

How are you paying for them?  If you pay them outside the Roku environment, then you just need to log into them with your user IDs and passwords. (Or use a link code, different channels do that differently.)

If you paid on Roku, then if you put the new Roku on the same account as the old Roku, things should just transfer.  (At least that's how it seemed to happen for me.)

Some services may have a limit on the number of streams that can be running at the time time.  (Stops people from sharing accounts.)

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 11

Re: Adding Channels

As the previous poster said, you don't have to pay again.  You simply link the new device (in this case your Roku) to your existing accounts (Netflix, Hulu, etc.)

Most of these do have a limit as to the number of screens that can be viewed simultaneously (usually two), meaning that you can simultaneously watch programs on each device.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos