Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayray77
Level 7

Adding Chanels to my online account but not showing up on my TV

Jump to solution

Like the title, I've added channels on the Roku website but they're not uploading to my TV. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding Chanels to my online account but not showing up on my TV

Jump to solution

Channels added to your account via the website will be added the next time your Roku auto-updates.  You can cause it to update manually via Settings > System > System update.

Note that some channels rely on the enhanced capabilities of newer Roku models and may not install on older discontinued models that are no longer receiving software updates from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Channels added to your account via the website will be added the next time your Roku auto-updates.  You can cause it to update manually via Settings > System > System update.

Note that some channels rely on the enhanced capabilities of newer Roku models and may not install on older discontinued models that are no longer receiving software updates from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

View solution in original post

fitzgilbert
Level 7

Jump to solution

You say "You can cause it to update manually via Settings > System > System update.".  Is this done on the PC, or on the Roku?  I have gone to the Roku site on my computer, but I don't see a settings choice.

0 Kudos
rayray77
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's been a while since I tried this but I'm pretty sure I did it on my Roku TV

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @fitzgilbert,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Perform a manual software update, it is done directly through the Roku device. 

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device ...

For additional info regarding adding a channel, you may refer to this link: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos