Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayray77
Reel Rookie

Adding channels to my online account but not showing up on my TV

Jump to solution

Like the title, I've added channels on the Roku website but they're not uploading to my TV. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding Chanels to my online account but not showing up on my TV

Jump to solution

Channels added to your account via the website will be added the next time your Roku auto-updates.  You can cause it to update manually via Settings > System > System update.

Note that some channels rely on the enhanced capabilities of newer Roku models and may not install on older discontinued models that are no longer receiving software updates from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Channels added to your account via the website will be added the next time your Roku auto-updates.  You can cause it to update manually via Settings > System > System update.

Note that some channels rely on the enhanced capabilities of newer Roku models and may not install on older discontinued models that are no longer receiving software updates from Roku.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Jump to solution

You say "You can cause it to update manually via Settings > System > System update.".  Is this done on the PC, or on the Roku?  I have gone to the Roku site on my computer, but I don't see a settings choice.

0 Kudos
rayray77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's been a while since I tried this but I'm pretty sure I did it on my Roku TV

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @fitzgilbert,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Perform a manual software update, it is done directly through the Roku device. 

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device ...

For additional info regarding adding a channel, you may refer to this link: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’ve newer Smart TV and no Roku device is being used. I view the  Roku channels via the Roku Channels app on my TV. So, why aren’t apps added to my Roku Channel account showing on my TV?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Aintskeered, is your smart TV a Roku TV or just a smart TV that happens to have The Roku Channel as one of its apps?  The Roku Channel is not a substitute for an actual Roku device.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ewsb
Reel Rookie

Re: Adding channels to my online account but not showing up on my TV

Jump to solution

Me too - and the generic comment that some channels don't work on older sticks doesn't help at all!

Surely a catalog can be reviewed online or sticks status can be shown ??

NicholasStokes
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am trying to upload channel in roku tv using direct publisher method, preview is showing but channel is not getting installed in my Roku device.
- My device Model : 3500X and Software Version : 11.

0 Kudos
NicholasStokes
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am trying to upload channel in roku tv using direct publisher method, preview is showing but channel is not getting installed in my Roku device.
- My device Model : 3500X and Software Version : 11.

0 Kudos