Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Adding Britbox

Jump to solution

trying to add Britbox App to my Roku TV but when I search on streaming channels it’s not listed. Also checked via online account and not listed there either. Checked TV for updates and it’s all up to date. suggestions please ???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 19

Re: Adding Britbox

Jump to solution
Where are you located?

See: https://www.britbox.com/us/help#where-is-britbox-available
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 19

Jump to solution
Where are you located?

See: https://www.britbox.com/us/help#where-is-britbox-available
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue! 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been advised that the Britbox App has not yet been released in the UK so I’ve gone to the Firestick and loaded onto there. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've had to do the same.  Firestick with BritBox but no NowTV; Roku box with NowTV but no BritBox.  Whichever streaming box addresses this first I will get rid of the other one - having to have two or more streaming boxes is crazy!!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is the operative word "yet"? Does that mean its planned?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi.

I guess this is the right thread. I've just bought a Streambar which does have the right UK channels for me - except Britbox - at least it's not in the app store.

The annoying thing is that there a a few reviews out there that claim Britbox to be available on Streambar, but I'm now suspecting that is only true in the US. THAT is totally unfair if we can't have it!

Steve

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve posted the issue to Britbox CS and have been advised that it is available on a number of individual tv models. 

I find it very strange that the Britbox service has been launched - and widely advertised in UK - when it can only be viewed via a browser or select TV models. It would have made much more sense to get it launched on major viewing platforms first - Sky, Virgin, BT etc. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

...should have said, I'm in the UK.

Steve

PS. Now find out the the sub woofer is also not available in the UK.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Johnr08.

It might be on Roku TVs, but I don't have one of those.

Here in the UK the Roku Stick has Britbox, but it doesn't appear to be available for the Roku Streambar. Why have it on some Roku products but not another - especially as it seems to be available on the US Streambar?!

Steve

0 Kudos