Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rick9004
Level 7

Added Roku Channels do not show up when streaming on PC

I added several channels and can see them on my Roku TV.  When I use my PC to view the Roku Channel I do not get those added channels.  Only the stock ones.  Any way to get those added new channels to stream on your PC?.    FYI, I added these new channels on my PC and they did show up on the TV
0 Kudos
2 Replies
theuser86
Level 7

Re: Added Roku Channels do not show up when streaming on PC

Can you please provide an example of such channel?

You can stream The Roku Channel in your browser. But many other channels only work on the Roku device itself.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Added Roku Channels do not show up when streaming on PC

The Roku Channel does not mirror the channels installed on your Roku device. It is its own, separate channel, and its content is not related to what other channels are installed on your Roku device. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos