Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Ad pop up

There is an ad that keeps popping up on my tv how do I get it off 

18 Replies
Level 19

Re: Ad pop up

@Sanders3249 wrote:

There is an ad that keeps popping up on my tv how do I get it off 

Don't turn your tv on.

Seriously, though, you haven't given us enough information to be able to help.  This is sort of like saying "my car won't start, what's wrong?"   

Is this a tv with Roku built in or is it a separate Roku unit connected to the tv?  Does it happen on all channels or just one or more specific ones?  What does this popup actually say - is it ad or maybe a notification of something?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Level 7

It does the same thing on mine! Did you find how can we turn it off?

Level 7

My Roku Ultra started having the same issue yesterday. This ad interrupts whatever channel I'm watching. At first, I thought it was a Roku ad since there was no way to close it. I scaned the QR code and it lead me to a third party app that costs 4.99 to get. That's when I realized this is not an official Roku ad. It is very annoying because it not only interrupts the channel, but you have to push the home button to restart the channel every time. I included the pictures of what this looks like. The first one is the pop up ad that interrups the channels. The second is where you are directed when you scan the QR code. Does this look familiar to anyone else?? I tried a factory reset and that didn't work. I enabled the "Limit ad tracking" in privacy setting and that did nothing either. Roku needs to fix this.

This pops up on my screenThis pops up on my screenThis is the link from the QR codeThis is the link from the QR code

Tags (1)
Level 21

I'm guessing this is coming from your phone.  Do you have some third party Roku remote control app?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I don't use my phone to interact with my Roku box. I don't have any Roku related apps on my phone. I gave up trying to find an answer. I just went back to using my PS4 for viewing my video streaming apps. Sorry Roku...

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Chimoltranca 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us more information about the issue you are were experiencing? What channel were you watching when that ad showed up? Has this issue shown up before?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Level 7

We are now having the same issue. It doesn't matter what we are watching, it does it at all times.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Post a picture of what pops up.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am experiencing the same. 

I keep getting an annoying pop-up ad that interrupts everything I am watching. The pop-up ad says "Please scan the QR code to enable the remote and ad-blocker and other awesome features". 

The QR code takes me to a streaming app that costs $5.99. It is very annoying as it has come up multiple times. 

IS there a way to fix it or something? 

0 Kudos