Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whittneyr
Level 7

Activating channel constantly

I have the MTV channel n I've not had a problem watching any show till this week and it keeps telling me i need to put in an activation code on my phone but when i do it says im in but it doesn't work on the tv all the channels are locked

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Activating channel constantly

Punctuation (or lack thereof) is making that difficult to read and understand. What I'm thinking you're reporting is you're having to re-authenticate an app (MTV). Not sure why a phone would be involved. Any browser on any device should suffice, so the phone-specific reference is confusing.

I think MTV is one of those apps that is used by cable subscribers, and I believe that's what you're indicating. If that's the case, try removing the app, then rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling the app. All those steps, in that order. Let us know what happens.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos