Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stg
Level 7

Activating History Channel with Direct TV

I had trouble activating through Direct TV. I tried multiple browsers, but always got an authentication error / time out error when I enter my Direct TV user ID and Password. I tried Roku support which was useless - utilized the chat. I found solution after a while through online search. I basically had to turn off blocking 3rd party cookies during activation. Just posting in case others have same problem.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nikolego
Level 7

Re: Activating History Channel with Direct TV

Like you I dug through several forms. You tipped me off though cause I don’t have any blockers. I figured out AT&T was requiring me to log into my account for term and agreement or secret question changes. So the authentication kept failing until I completed that step again. This year, 2018, seems super high on AT&T list of messing with their customers on updates and not telling their customers prior to. Oh well. 
0 Kudos