Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capxyz123
Level 7

Acorn

I already have an Acorn subscription. How do I sign into it on my new ROKU?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Acorn

There are a couple of ways of subscribing to apps. One is through Roku -- I don't know if you can with Acorn, but you can with a bunch of apps -- and the other is directly to the service. I always recommend the latter.

There are other methods that are similar to the "through Roku" method, and that would be through Amazon. There may be other services besides Roku and Amazon that allow this, but they're pretty much the same in how those type of subscriptions operate.

If through Roku billing: It should automatically log in if you are using a Roku device tied to the same Roku account as the subscription. The troubleshooting on this is different than the other methods.

If through Amazon, you'll have to watch through Amazon.

If a direct subscription, you should be able to log in on the app. The log in button is labeled "log in" so...

acorn-login.png

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Acorn

To add to what @DBDukes said, if you already have a subscription directly through Acorn, add the Acorn channel from the Channel Store or website:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/272ba82f0e179295b316d12896f9cdbc/acorn-tv

If you add it through the website, make sure you check for updates on your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.