Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Acorn

If I subscribed to acorn through Roku channel, can I just download the acorn channel and login? Useing Roku password? I prefer the acorn channel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Acorn

My Acorn subscription is directly with Acorn so I don't know the answer for sure, but I think in order to use Acorn's own app you have to have an account directly with them. 

When I sign out of my Acorn app, then sign back in, I am given the choice of starting a new subscription or signing into an existing one.  When I sign in, I'm not given the option of signing in via a third party subscription  but I have to enter my Acorn email and password.

If you really want to use the Acorn app, I'd suggest you UNsubscribe from your Acorn sub thru the Roku channel to keep it from auto-renewing when your current subscription expires.   When it does expire, then install the Acorn app and take out a new subscription directly.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Acorn

Thanks. They should say that. Going through Roku app, you can't search

0 Kudos