Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Acorn

I would like to know what acorn is and why I have to pay for it?  I am going to completely delete Roku because I was watching a series and then it wants me to subscribe to acorn.  So I don’t want acorn and right now I don’t want Roku!!  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Acorn

@Cne wrote:

I would like to know what acorn is and why I have to pay for it?  I am going to completely delete Roku because I was watching a series and then it wants me to subscribe to acorn.  So I don’t want acorn and right now I don’t want Roku!!  

Acorn is a separate pay-to-play channel like Netflix, Disney, National Geographic, or Amazon Prime. It's from Australia. You have to subscribe to it the same way you have to subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime in order to watch their shows on Roku (or anywhere else).

Acorn allowed you to watch some series on other channels (e.g., Amazon Prime) for free until March 31 as a promo. But after March 31 you had to sign up for Acorn to continue watching those series.

That's not Roku's fault.  Acorn was letting you see those series on a trial basis. Would you be happier if they had never let you see them at all?

0 Kudos