Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Acorn

I already subscribe to Acorn.  Roku said I have to subscribe, because I have the new Roku Express+ -- how do I go about fixing the problem?  I don't want to be billed twice!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Acorn

There at least 3 ways to subscribe to Acorn, through Acorn itself, via the Roku Ch, and from Amazon. None will allow you to use your credentials from on the other two. Who do you pay each month?

There's forth way to subscribe through Youtube tv.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

ACORN issue

I'm having a problem with the setup after activation.  I try to get onto ACORN and it tells me my email/password is o\not valid.  is there some other login procedure I've missed?  Is the device name it want at accout activation have anything to do with passwords etc.?

Graham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Live support talk to a human

Someone else just posted problems with Acorn and

their activation on a new device.

You should contact Acorn directly.,

https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ACORN issue

I have the same problem. My daughter gave me a gift subscription which I activated on my iPad. When I went to Roku to add Acorn TV to my channels, Roku said I was unauthorized although I was putting in my correct email and acorn password.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cochise 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you made sure when logging into the Acorn channel on your Roku device, that you are using the correct Acorn account information. This may or may not be the same account information as your Roku account.

For more information about that channel's authentication issues, you'll want to contact Acorn support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn support here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Incidentally, I believe the problem people are having is that there are two different "Acorn" tiles that Roku uses. One of them goes directly to the Acorn channel service, and one of them is for "Acorn on the Roku Channel." They are different accounts. If you have a subscription on one of them you don't have a subscription on the other, so if you go to the wrong one and see "click here to subscribe" and you do so, you'll end up paying double.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@Cochise wrote:

I have the same problem. My daughter gave me a gift subscription which I activated on my iPad. When I went to Roku to add Acorn TV to my channels, Roku said I was unauthorized although I was putting in my correct email and acorn password.

@Cochise & @seminewbie - You have to make sure you are adding the right "Acorn TV" tile to your Roku menu. Which are you actually subscribed to, Acorn TV directly, or "Acorn TV on the Roku Channel"? They are different channels. They both allow you to watch Acorn TV, but the accounts are different. You can be subscribed to one but not the other (and if you are subscribed to both, you will be paying twice for the same thing).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Acorn

I pay Roku for my Acorn Subscription.  Payment is good through May 5th.

Since I subscribed, I have changed my Roku password.

When I try to watch Acorn this message pops up: "Acorn message "You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to sign in."

I am logged into Roku, so those credentials are fine. I tried logging into Acorn and it says that I am already logged in there. What does it mean to use the "credentials you used when you subscribed to sign in?" 

Perplexed

Highlighted
Level 7

How would a person know which "tile" and how to fix it?  This is very puzzling.

0 Kudos