Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattF68
Binge Watcher

Acorn playback progress bar stuck

Is anyone else having a problem with the progress on Acorn not updating properly? For example, we were watching an episode of Midsomer Murders. We stopped it at the 28:20 mark, came back and watched more of it later, and the progress bar stayed at 28:20. That is also where it resumed from later, forcing us to fast-forward a bunch to get back where we were. It didn’t even update after we finished the episode.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Acorn playback progress bar stuck

Hi @MattF68,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

What channel are you trying to load this content from? Are you trying to access the content from Acorn TV standalone or through The Roku Channel? Does this happen on all movies/shows or just specific titles? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
MattF68
Binge Watcher

Thank you @RokuMary-F 

We are using the Acorn TV channel. We have seen this problem occur on two different programs. I’m not sure how reproducible it is, but it goes something like this…

1. Start a program from the beginning
  2. We watch about 25-30 minutes of the program, then pushed the Back button on the remote to exit playback
  3. We resumed just a few minutes later and watched another 25-30 minutes and again exited playback using the Back button
  4. The progress bar had not advanced at all from the point we reached in step 2, and never did. We fast-forwarded to the point we reached in step 3 and watched the rest of the program. The progress bar was still at the point of step 2 when we exited playback at the end of the show.

I also recall an instance where we watched a program start-to-finish in one sitting. When we exited playback, the progress bar was at some seemingly random point in the show.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MattF68

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

-how are you accessing Acorn - are you using Acorn through The Roku Channel, or are you using the channel directly
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Umillerz

Acorn won’t resume at all on amy program for me. It gives the choiceTo resume, which I choose, but then it goes back to the very beginning of the show and I have to fast forward through everything. I would love to know how to fix this.  This is a fairly new problem. I would say it’s been happening for about a month.

0 Kudos