Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkhome
Level 7

Acorn not working

I pay an Acorn subscription every month through Roku. Just processed a payment yesterday.

Acorn has my subscription as “cancelled” but Roku has it as “active.” I can’t watch the channel.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vkhome
Level 7

Re: Acorn not working

Also, it’s worked for the last year; just stopped all of a sudden.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Not to poke holes in Roku, but this sort of problem is why I always subscribe to premium channels directly with the channels on their websites rather than through a 3rd party like Roku.

As much as I'd like to help Roku by giving them a chance to get a cut of the subscription fees, the risk of screwups gets doubled. Plus when subscribing directly with the channel you can view it on everything the channel supports (computer, mobile devices, other streamers), not just on Roku.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
vkhome
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. My Roku account has Acorn as “active.” My Acorn says my subscription is “canceled.” I phoned Acorn and got a recording saying there have been some issues and call back another time. I called Roku and got a recording saying they are not providing any phone help during Covid.

This is very frustrating!

0 Kudos