Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gcookies

Acorn channel won't load and I can't remove it to start again

When  I choose the Acorn channel the TV goes black.  When I try to go back to the main menu- all the icons are flashing on and off.  When I click on another channel, things are fine. 

I would remove the Acorn Channel and re-load it, however the remove option is not available on Acorn (though it is still available on the other channels).  My account is up to date and I can see no subscription problems.  

Anyone else?

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Acorn channel won't load and I can't remove it to start again

@Gcookies-

If you have subscribed to this channel through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe when it runs out if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
kmcclell

Had the same problem.  Went to Roku settings/System/System Restart.  Reconnected to internet, and Acorn loaded after that.

0 Kudos
kpvance

After following instructions and turning off auto-renew, pressing * STILL does not give the Remove Channel option.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kpvance,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see you're trying to remove the channel under The Roku Channel. Please be advised that the option to "remove" the channel will be only available once the billing cycle ends even after turning off auto-renew.

Wait until the cycle of your subscription ends and you'll be able to see the option to remove it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos