Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BethanyL

Acorn channel stopped working - anyone else?

We finished watching an episode of a show on Acorn, wanted to watch the next - but suddenly Acorn won’t load. Keeps saying ‘failed to load’. Subscription is through Roku - anyone else having the issue? All other streaming sites (Prime, You Tube, etc) are all working fine. 

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Acorn channel stopped working - anyone else?

Hello @BethanyL

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel while videos from other channels play fine after attempting the suggestions above, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can reach them here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Eydie

I, too, am having this problem. I have paid for a full year of streaming, but now my show(s) start, run almost through the opening credits and then stop. It is making me sad.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Eydie

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos