Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfwillingham20
Level 7

Acorn and Epix Subscription

Jump to solution

I am having a similar problem with Acorn and Epix. Roku acknowledges that I am subscribed to both channels (and charged for them) but when I try to access the channels, I am only given the option of trying a seven day free trial. When I try the free trial option, I am told that I need to subscribe. I have subscribed and Roku has my money. Since this has happened on more than one channel, I think this is a Roku issue and not a problem with Acorn or Epix.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Acorn and Epix Subscription

Jump to solution

@Dfwillingham20 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried logging into those channels with your respective accounts?

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Acorn TV and Epix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dfwillingham20 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried logging into those channels with your respective accounts?

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Acorn TV and Epix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bubblegum
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Logging in with Roku credentials on EPIX doesn’t work. I contacted EPIX and they said they can’t help with accounts subscribed through Roku and that I would have to contact Roku. How can I get a refund?

0 Kudos
wickerwoman
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Acorn! Just subscribed to it through Roku and they have my money but when I try to access the channel, I get the same notice about signing up for a free trial. The answers here are not of any help and sound and looked canned, I've seen them exactly the same in several places on these boards. Please help! There's no place to sign on to Acorn either and I purchased through Roku not through Acorn so it seems to me that it's a Roku issue! I'm not a happy camper to say the least. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@wickerwoman, can you access Acorn through The Roku Channel (not the stand-alone Acorn channel/app)?                                

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wickerwoman
Level 8

Jump to solution

No, as I said, I ordered through Roku and tried accessing through Roku channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@wickerwoman

Thanks for the posts.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@wickerwoman wrote:

No, as I said, I ordered through Roku and tried accessing through Roku channel. 

You never said anything about trying to access it through "The Roku Channel" which is not the same as the Acorn Roku channel/app.  Good luck with support!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wickerwoman
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried accessing Acorn app through the Roku channel, the stand-alone Acorn channel, and Acorn.com after subscribing through Roku, all to no avail and the Roku help was absolutely NO HELP. I finally got so exasperated that I asked them to cancel my subscription. After I canceled the subscription through Roku I went directly to Acorn.com and signed up through them and everything works perfectly now! I don't advise anyone to subscribe to Acorn through Roku, go directly to Acorn.com and then access through your Roku.