Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Acorn TV vs Acorn TV on the Roku Channel

What is the difference between these two? We've been accessing our free trial of Acorn TV and now paid version on "Acorn TV on the Roku Channel" and now found out we can't get to a show called Hidden and maybe can't get all of Acorn shows there?  Do I need to cancel this one and switch to Acorn directly? I don't see any way to search for shows on the version we're using but we tried scanning through all the shows and don't find this one show. I don't have any login directly on Acorn since apparently I subscribed through Roku. 

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Acorn TV vs Acorn TV on the Roku Channel

I have 4 subscriptions: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Acorn, and Hulu, all made directly with the respective service. This arrangement permits me to view on any and all available venues - smart tvs, streaming devices, mobile phones, tablets, etc. As soon as you get a third party involved your viewing options become limited and everything gets complicated. If problems arise inevitably each party points its finger at the other and things don't easily get resolved. The only advantage I can see to subscribing through a third party provider is the convenience of consolidated billing.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos