Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KLew
Level 7

Acorn TV and UP Faith and Family

I have a paid subscription to Acorn and Up Faith and family that I watch through my computer ( a hassel). Do I have to cancel those and then subscribe through Roku.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
denhow
Level 10

Re: Acorn TV and UP Faith and Family

Have you tried just installing the channels and signing in with your existing credentials? It should work for Acorn, I know nothing about the other one.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@KLew 

As @denhow indicated, if you install AcornTV Channel on your Roku device, you should be able to use the same login credentials. (You will also continue to pay Acorn directly for your subscription).  By doing this, you will continue to be able to watch Acorn across all your devices.

Problems arise when you subscribe to "Acorn on the Roku Channel" because you are limited to watching Acorn only on your linked Roku devices through your Roku account.

For simplicity, since you have an existing Acorn account, just install the AcornTV channel on your Roku devices and you should be good to go.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@KLew- Same goes for Up Faith & Family.  Install their Roku up from the channel store, then log into it with your Up Faith & Family credentials (not your Roku credentials).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos