Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mdmalsy

How to remove / delete 'recently watched' shows on Acorn TV

I have been referred by Acorn Tech Support. I can’t delete Recently Watched shows. Each different series just stays there. I was told that Recently Watched was a Roku feature. As such, can this be fixed? If I watch 10 different shows, they’ll all remain under Recently Watched. 

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Acorn TV — Recently Watched

My subscription is directly with Acorn via their website, and viewed via the Acorn TV channel app on my Rokus.  At the top of my screen,  I select My Acorn TV, then under Recently Watched I can click on a show graphic and choose Remove from Recently Watched.

If you subscribed through Roku instead of directly with Acorn, I expect you have to view through The Roku Channel.  If that at doesn't give you the Remove from Recently Watched option you may want to cancel your Acorn subscription thru Roku.  When your pre-paid subscription period runs out you could then subscribe directly on acorn.tv and use the Roku Acorn TV app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
sueymem
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem and subscribed to Acorn on their website. They told me this is an issue with Roku and not with them. I had no problems for a couple of months and then it started 2 weeks ago. I also had an issue where watched episodes didn't show the "red bar" of being watched. That has since resolved.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sueymem 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Acorn TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Acorn TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Writer1
Reel Rookie

I've had this problem for a while now. I also reached out to Acorn TV and they said it's a Roku problem because they don't have the Remove From Recently Watched button. I can now get it to work on Midsomer Murders, but nothing else. I have movies that I watched a few minutes of and didn't like. I'd like to remove them, but can't. I hope this is something that Roku can fix.

0 Kudos
sueymem
Reel Rookie

Acorn said the recently watched episodes will disappear with time which hasn't happened. I've just given up. I've never been happy with their website interface. Far inferior to Netflix.

southsider
Channel Surfer

Acorn support is lying to you about the ability to delete recently watched episodes and Roku. If this was truly Roku controlling this function why is it also impossible to delete recently watched episodes on a PC or a tablet or phone? These devices are not in control of Roku. The fact of the matter is that they just won't do it. It was an available function for years, easy to do and made sense. Now, unless they have a band of incompetent web developers I can't understand why this isn't available at least on devices other than Roku.

Gator4814
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove / delete 'recently watched' shows on Acorn TV

I got the same problem where it is impossible to remove 9 recently watch programs because it can only read but cannot write the info were ever on earth that info is being store and who doing the storing.  Its attempts a write, selection remove recently watch disappear for a brief second, rereads the data and selection "Remove Recently Watch" reappears with always the same info of the pickup point. It's the same info as last successful write that was over 4 weeks ago. Even attempt to truncate them by putting over 50 shows on recently watch list. Maximum shown on list is 30. Then I remove the 50 shows from recently watch list with no problems, but those old 9 shows reappear.  Only a hardware technician can fix this problem but by which company.  Acorn says it Roku and a person has a better chance of winning the lottery then contacting Roku. If I had a monthly subscription, I would cancel but problem is I have an annual subscription. So, I will need to manual write down the shows of those nine that always show the same point left off 4 weeks ago and will never change. That cross that I must bear won't be as bad when I got all shows watch from those 9 and are push to the right out of view.

southsider
Channel Surfer

Re: How to remove / delete 'recently watched' shows on Acorn TV

Acorn is lying. Why would roku control that. Doesn't work on my tablet either,, so how does roku control an android device? Other streamers can write code that does the job,  but Acorn IT is apparently incompetent. There's a reason those coders don't work for Amazon.:)

I think what you described is what I can/can't do. Delete some episodes but not others.

I think I should cancel my account, sign in on a different one and start from scratch. That'll get rid of those buggers.

There's a reason those coders don't work for Amazon.:

T-buck
Channel Surfer

I’ve been trying to remove some at the end of the list. They won’t go away. The ones I most recently watch, will.