Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VintAge
Level 7

Acorn TV Doc episodes alternate with Roku

With the start of the 3rd season of Doc Martin on my Acorn TV subscription through Roku, alternate episodes are listed as being through either Acorn TV or Roku Channel. The former are ad free, the latter are laced with a series of ads. Other series seem unaffected by this weird result. Scroll through the episodes and it changes back and forth. Anybody else seeing this or have any ideas?? (my acorn subscription is up to date).

5 REPLIES 5\
themaddens2002
Level 7

Re: Acorn TV Doc episodes alternate with Roku

We are experience the same ads issue. 

0 Kudos
Kgchef
Level 7

I’ve watched all but 1 episode of season 1 and 2 for free. No acorn tv just in Roku channel. Now it says I have to pay for it through acornTV.    What’s the deal?  

Porter1215
Level 7

That is my question.  It’s like a teaser.  Watch for free on Roku Season 1; and Season 2 except for the last episode and then you have to subscribe to Acorn to continue watching. What’s up with that??

Mary2911
Level 7

We are having the same issue with season 3 of Doc Martin. First two seasons, no advertising. We are new subscribers. We signed up for watching @$5.99 per month, with first month free. Are we going to continue these annoying advertisements while also paying for them monthly? 

Mary2911
Level 7

We have continued Doc Martin while enjoying that this series has become free of annoying advertisements. We signed up to Acorn television for $5.99 a month. Poldark was also free of advertisements when we streamed it. We enjoyed it tremendously. We will continue to watch Acorn series. Thanks, ROKU and Acorn😌 for improving our experience.

0 Kudos