Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dreadwing1881
Level 7

Account not allowing channel access

My mom had a Roku when she lived in San Antonio, TX and had access to Disney Plus. She recently moved in with a friend in Mendocino, CA and that friend gave her a Roku 2 XS since hers is in storage. We factory reset the device and logged in with her account, but Disney Plus is not available and Disney says content is not available. I can’t imagine that this is a region issue, as she had Disney Plus before and whatsmyip shows her in California. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Account not allowing channel access

The Roku 2 XS is ancient at this point.  It isn't capable of running Disney+ and almost all other newer channels/apps.  Do your mother a favor and pick up a cheap Express at Walmart.  Your mother or her friend may be able to get a deal if they checks https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ .  I'm offered a $20 Express for one of my older devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Level 12

Re: Account not allowing channel access

Some channels restrict the number of devices that can access the account. NowTV/Sky does this in the UK (you can pay a higher subscription for more devices).

+1 on previous reply that a Roku2 is old and some channels just won't run or work well, buy an inexpensive replacement model.

0 Kudos