Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Accessing the antenna

I watched the video on how to access the antenna feature. It says to go to the home screen and access the antenna icon. I did that and there is no antenna icon at the top or anywhere else on my home screen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Accessing the antenna

How can I access the antenna feature if I have no antenna icon on my home screen?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Do you have a tv with Roku built in, or do you have a non-Roku tv with an external Roku attached to it? The Roku home screen will noit have an antenna icon if it is a separate Roku device -- you'll have to changed the input selection on the tv.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Is there no third party device we can buy to make this work if we only have the Roku Ultra box? I am trying to set this up for my mom who is tech challenged and I really don't want to buy another TV for her to make this happen since I just bought her a TV last year, before I found out about Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Here's what I did for my 84 year old mother.  First, I got her a Harmony hub.  I hate it for myself, but it's useful for her.  Then I got her an Amazon Echo device.  Once everything is setup (which is a major PITA), she can tell Alexa, "Turn on Roku" or "Turn on TV" or even "Turn on the DVD" and like magic her TV switches to the proper input and the Harmony remote will control the proper device.  It's all well and good until things manage to get out of sync and then it's a long distance phone call to walk her through the steps to get everything working again.

0 Kudos