Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff4530
Reel Rookie

Accessing Tennis Channel after subscribing through Roku web page

My desktop computer (Apple Imac)  is connected to the internet via coax cable provided by Xfinity/Comcast, which is also my cable tv provider. My Roku device (Roku Ultra)  is hard wired via ethernet cable that runs from my router to the Roku Ultra. The TV is connected to the Roku device by HDMI cable.

Two weeks ago I subscribed to The Tennis Channel on the Roku website at a cost of $109 per year, and the subscription worked fine without issue. 

After recently updating the Apple OS to Monterrey 12.3.1 I was not able to access the Tennis Channel. I just get a message on the TV saying I have to subscribe in order to watch but I'm already subscribed. I don't know for certain that the problem is linked to the OS update but I didn't have any problems before the update and now I do.

The Roku website seems oddly unhelpful so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, as they used to say.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Accessing Tennis Channel after subscribing through Roku web page

@Jeff4530

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, how did you subscribed to the Tennis Channel when you state that you did it through the Roku website? If you are subscribed through Roku Pay, and not through the channel provider directly, you will only be able to access that channel and its content through Roku devices.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Florence67

I also subscribed to Tennis Channel through Roku.  I do not have a TV service subscription, and cannot access my  Tennis channel, having paid $109 for a year (which is a huge fee) via the Roku add a channel.  The Tennis Channel do not recognize my email or log in password.  I still have active subscription until January 2023.  Please help me either get a refund, or fix the issue.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Jeff4530
Reel Rookie

Good morning, and thanks for your reply.  The Roku website offers the opportunity to subscribe to certain channels and pay via credit card which is how I subscribed to the Tennis channel. I'm not sure what you mean by "Roku Pay" but my subscription is through Roku and not through the Tennis Channel.

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

@Jeff4530 wrote:

Xfinity/Comcast, which is also my cable tv provider.

Just to clarify, does your Comcast cable TV subscription tier include the Tennis Channel?  If yes, are you able to log in with your Comcast credentials using https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2f589a64e390c7099c3b470e538dbe06/tennis-channel on your Roku?

Or did you intend to subscribe to Tennis Channel Plus, which seems to be the $109.99/year additional subscription?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Florence67, just to verify, if you go to https://my.roku.com and check your subscriptions the subscription to the Tennis Channel is there?  If you paid through Roku you wouldn't need to log in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Jeff4530 wrote:

... not sure what you mean by "Roku Pay" ...

That is the name of the system by which you make payments for subscriptions and other things via Roku. Of you subscribed through Roku, you used Roku Pay.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos