Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spicoli
Level 7

Access to this program is not included in your spectrum Tv subscription

Jump to solution

I get this message trying to watch FOX and NBC live, but I have watched on the Roku for quite a while, streaming to the projector. 

I don't have a TV subscription, don't need it for FOX and NBC.

They did ask once to verify my account on their website, but that option didn't show up this time. 

Anybody else have this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Access to this program is not included in your spectrum Tv subscription

Jump to solution

Hey @YourNameHere @JMC823 

I hope you're doing well.

For more information about Fox News' functionality, you'll want to contact their customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. They are the best ones to help you with this matter.

You can reach Fox News support here: https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
YourNameHere
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same message almost every day, but I have a Directv subscription which includes FOX News and FOX Business. A system restart of the Roku eliminates the message. Also, I have to use my MacBook Pro to log in to FOX News (using an authorization code) via my Directv account almost every day. Quite a hassle...

0 Kudos
JMC823
Level 7

Jump to solution

Was this ever resolved for you?  I am getting that same message.  When I delete FoxNews and add it back in, it works for a while, but ultimately I get kicked out again. It's getting to be a pain to keep having to delete and add the codes each day.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @YourNameHere @JMC823 

I hope you're doing well.

For more information about Fox News' functionality, you'll want to contact their customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. They are the best ones to help you with this matter.

You can reach Fox News support here: https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
raceman
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have contacted Fox per instructions 2 times.  No answer or resolution.  This bug has been in 3 of your models and I have experienced for the last 6 months in 15 roku devices.  Use to work, but started mid 2020.

Fox app version 4.37 build 2021092001 and Roku model 4800x Ultra.  Software version 10.5.0 build 4187-C2  Connected to Comcast internet provided. App linked & successfully login to cable TV provider "Atlantic Broadband" which has viewing permission.

Roku need to escalate this bug with Fox and have it fixed.  

0 Kudos