Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toonbon
Level 8

Access to A&E Content. Asked for TV Provider" which I don't know.

Jump to solution

When I  select the A&E channel from the Roku Home page it tells me to to to aetv.com/activate and enter the device code  they show.  But at aetv.com they ask for my TV Provider and I don't know what to put in.  I get the internet from a local company, Ayera, who broadcasts it into my trailer park from an antenna they put up on a local roof.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Access to A&E Content. Asked for TV Provider" which I don't know.

Jump to solution

@toonbon- you probably don't have a "tv provider" with that setup.  A "tv provider" is typically a cable or satellite service which carries that channel.

Cable-type channels want to be paid. When you have a paid subscription to a "tv provider service" that carries these channels, the channel operators receive their pay out of the subscription fees you pay that provider. When you don't have a subscription to such a provider you are not paying for those channels.

Many cable-type channels, like A&E, have "TV Anywhere" streaming apps that can be installed on streaming devices like Roku which will grant you access if you can log in with credentials from a TV provider as indicated above.

There are also several paid streaming services you can subscribe to and view on Roku that carry cable-type channels, such as Fubo, Sling, Hulu + Live TV, YouYube TV, AT&T TV, etc.

There are several places on the net where you can look up which streaming services carry a particular channel of interest. Here are a couple such pages:
https://thestreamable.com/channels
https://www.groundedreason.com/cord-cutting/tv-streaming/how-to-stream-by-channel/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@toonbon- you probably don't have a "tv provider" with that setup.  A "tv provider" is typically a cable or satellite service which carries that channel.

Cable-type channels want to be paid. When you have a paid subscription to a "tv provider service" that carries these channels, the channel operators receive their pay out of the subscription fees you pay that provider. When you don't have a subscription to such a provider you are not paying for those channels.

Many cable-type channels, like A&E, have "TV Anywhere" streaming apps that can be installed on streaming devices like Roku which will grant you access if you can log in with credentials from a TV provider as indicated above.

There are also several paid streaming services you can subscribe to and view on Roku that carry cable-type channels, such as Fubo, Sling, Hulu + Live TV, YouYube TV, AT&T TV, etc.

There are several places on the net where you can look up which streaming services carry a particular channel of interest. Here are a couple such pages:
https://thestreamable.com/channels
https://www.groundedreason.com/cord-cutting/tv-streaming/how-to-stream-by-channel/

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@toonbon 

@makaiguy is correct. He did leave out Philo as an option. They carry A&E and are cheaper than the rest.

DBDukes

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos