Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesStewart57
Reel Rookie

ATT TV Sound Dropping When Using App

Hi,

I have a 4662RW-Ultra LT and just switched to ATT TV.  When using the app I constantly lose sound every 15-20 seconds.

Anyone else having a similar issue?  I have rebooted, updated, unplugged (power, HDMI) but still have the issue.  My system is hardwired to internet so it’s not a bandwidth issue.

james

Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ATT TV Sound Dropping When Using App

@JamesStewart57

Thanks for the post.

Is this the only channel that you are experiencing this issue with? Have you already tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the Roku device?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jsabney

I'm having the same issue. It's only the Att TV app. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted device ect.. 

0 Kudos
JamesStewart57
Reel Rookie

Correct.  Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc all work with zero issues…..

Yes, all cables etc have been changed etc.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@JamesStewart57 @Jsabney

Appreciate the update.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. Since the issue only happens within AT&T TV, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach AT&T Support here: https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/directv/

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tragicFail
Reel Rookie

The ATT TV/DirectV Stream audio issue started right after Roku 10.x software update. But as noted by others every other app on Roku does not have this issue…Prime Video, Espn, HBO Max…From working with ATT support I can tell you this is not a priority, and if watching Live TV is important, you’ll want to change providers.

tonyota

ATT/DirectTV Stream sound problem is happening with me too.  On ALL my Roku devices.  It is only the ATT/DTV app having the issues.  Sound will cut out every 15 seconds or so.  Now the volume is in constant flux (way down then way up then normal...like a wave up and down and it doesn't stop).

0 Kudos
Jbshaps
Reel Rookie

So I had to go into my television settings and change the digital audio out from bitstream to PCM. It’s still detectable, but much less so than before. I have a Visio smart 4K TV. 

0 Kudos
whomeqqqq
Streaming Star

sometimes low volume and sometimes distortion

just move to next channel and immediately come back when the blue bar shows on the bottom

always fixes what seems to be a software bug when i do that

Rob29

@whomeqqqq wrote:

sometimes low volume and sometimes distortion

just move to next channel and immediately come back when the blue bar shows on the bottom

always fixes what seems to be a software bug when i do that

Same here I also experience show rewinding 15-20 minutes

0 Kudos