Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

ATT TV NOW CLOUD DVR ISSUES

Jump to solution

I currently subscribe to ATT TV (was Direct TV NOW) which includes 20hr of cloud DVR service.  Despite the fact that the DVR service part of the App is in beta, the functionality for the past two years has been overall satisfactory.  However, recenty things have degenerated especially when trying to watch movies recorded on the Hallmark channel.  Basically not all HM movies recorded will play on the Roku.  Very often I get the message "There is a technical issue with the content try later" but later never comes and I inevitably end up deleting the movie to save DVR space.  ATT TV support is very good but the only way they seem to be able to clear the issue is uninstall/re-install the app on the Roku and that may have to happen several times to get it to work.  Clearly this is a roku "app" issue but it appears impossible to communicate with the developers who need to know about this issue.  Has anyone here on this forum experienced similiar issues?  Can anyone help me communicate with the app developers instead of just ATT TV technical support?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: ATT TV NOW CLOUD DVR ISSUES

Jump to solution

I dumped ATT NOW months ago.  There is so much on-demand now, it's hard to justify $40/month for DVR right?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue. Used Roku and AT&T TV Now for than a year without an issue. Now when I want to play a show on the dvr, after few secs I see the wheel on the screen and after a minute the message saying that maybe there is an issue with my network. I have 200mbs of bandwidth. I bought an Apple TV and never faved the issue. I tried to remove the app from my Roku, reset the Roku, reset the App same issue. If I recall well this issue started to happen maybe 4 months ago. Roku and AT&T pushed an update almost the same day. I tried other services like Hulu, and Fubo. Services work fine. So I think there is an issue with AT&T Roku app. I'm not pointing any fingers but they now have AT&T TV. You have to take a 2 years plan. Is AT&T decided to pull the plug on the money losing AT&T TV Now so unhappy customers would switch to a 2 years plan? I would not be surprised if it is the case. I read somewhere that AT&T will stop developing new features and will just working on maintaining the service.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I dumped ATT NOW months ago.  There is so much on-demand now, it's hard to justify $40/month for DVR right?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos