Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JebBalt
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC plus player error code: -6; error message

Just downloaded AMC+ to watch Better Call Saul and I'm having the same issue. Tried opening some other series and got the same message every time. 

0 Kudos
kennethcad76
Reel Rookie

I had issues with AMC+ plus through Roku account subscriptions, so I had them close my account and opened up new one straight through AMC+.  And I get the same error code.  Have opened a support ticket (they need better contact than that), so will see how it goes.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @kennethcad76

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on AMC+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then reinstall it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Try since you got AMC+ 11/21 hasn't worked on my big screen for 8 months dude. Screw AMC 

0 Kudos
connergw

I removed the channel, reset the TV, and reinstalled AMC+.

It still doesn't work. 😞 

Same error - Protected content license error

0 Kudos
kennethcad76
Reel Rookie

It's just AMC+ and I did all of that of unistalling, reinstalling, and even resetting the TV.  Still the same issue occurs....

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kennethcad76,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

In addition, if removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach AMC+ support here.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
williamd58

I have this same tv I follow the instructions the app uninstall the roku restarted the channel restall still not working

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @williamd5,

Thanks for the post. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Does the issue only occur on AMC plus channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried getting the latest AMC plus channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there? Then, restart your player?
Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JebBalt
Reel Rookie

It seems like this is just a known error and AMC isn't doing anything to fix it. I've tried everything I've seen suggested over the course of a few months and nothing has worked. 

0 Kudos