Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

AMC live stream, Please check your internet connection

Jump to solution

Roku premiere  4620x. Roku amc app keeps saying check your internet connection when trying to play the live stream. I can play amc movies and shows with no problems. I just get this error message when trying yo play live stream.

Things I have tried are- update system - reinstall amc app- Log out and log back in with my Directtv account. Checked amc FAQ page which said that I could live stream through mu DTV account. All other live stream Roku apps work with no problems. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: AMC live stream, Please check your internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note here. You'll want to contact AMC support to report the issue you're encountering with their channel, and request more help. 

In general, we can recommend removing the channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back in that order. You might also try checking for any updates that are available in Settings>System>System update. 

If those steps aren't clearing up the issue, and other channels are working correctly, you'll need to follow up with the channel provider. Each channel provider builds and maintains their channel (app) on the Roku platform, and can best assist with any issues you may encounter. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note here. You'll want to contact AMC support to report the issue you're encountering with their channel, and request more help. 

In general, we can recommend removing the channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back in that order. You might also try checking for any updates that are available in Settings>System>System update. 

If those steps aren't clearing up the issue, and other channels are working correctly, you'll need to follow up with the channel provider. Each channel provider builds and maintains their channel (app) on the Roku platform, and can best assist with any issues you may encounter. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It has been over two months now after contacting AMC support about this problem several times with no response accept for the usual (we thank you for contacting us. we will send this to tech support ) Never a response.

I have tried 2 different AT&T hot spots. A netgear aircard 770s and a ZTE MF923 and both will not work on amc live stream roku app. The same message "please check your internet connection: I have upgraded software and even replace sim cards with no luck. I do have a sprint coolpad hotspot and it streams amc live with no problems.  Do you think they might respond to someone from Roku. Any help from ruko would be appreciated. I even bought another Roku at Christmas and same thing.

BWB54

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem, No help from anyone.Roku support just like AMC support is a joke.

Jump to solution

I posted this below 3 weeks ago with no answer. I also found another post on here from 2018 with the same problem with no answer. I was told by ruku this"Hi there,Thanks for the note here. You'll want to contact AMC support to report the issue you're encountering with their channel, and request more help." I did 2 months ago over and over. Roku needs to contact AMC about this problem. Do I need to tell you why?

Posted three weeks ago with no answer!

0 Kudos