Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smurth
Channel Surfer

Re: Why is the AMC app not working?

Jump to solution

That did not work

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We were having the same problems. Desperate to watch Better Call Saul and multiple reinstalls and reboots to no avail. Refuse to do a factory reset. AMC tech support hasn't gotten back to me in 4 days. 

But - I found a workaround. I searched for Saul from the Roku home screen and followed the links to the new season on AMC. It successfully linked to the new episodes within the AMC app.

The first time it gave me an internet connection timeout but I persisted and the second time was a complete success.  

Ryanpmahon

Jump to solution

Thank you so much this worked for me!

0 Kudos
smurth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What finally worked for me was a complete refresh which is a total pain. Then when I tried to activate, the website was broken. It is working now, however. My guess is a bad update patch. They seem technically challenged.

0 Kudos
mohawkman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried that method with TWD.  It opened the AMC app briefly then went right back to the Roku home screen. Trying to avoid doing the whole reset.

0 Kudos
smurth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Reset seems to be the only thing that works. Took me about an hour to activate every app again. Pain in the ass.

0 Kudos
Phatz75

Jump to solution

God bless you! This glitch was really giving me the blues, but your workaround did the trick! Beat the **bleep** outta doing a complete factory reset! Ain't nobody got time for that!

@Blondecrazy wrote:

We were having the same problems. Desperate to watch Better Call Saul and multiple reinstalls and reboots to no avail. Refuse to do a factory reset. AMC tech support hasn't gotten back to me in 4 days.  But I found a workaround. I searched for Saul from the Roku home screen and followed the links to the new season on AMC. It successfully linked to the new episodes within the AMC app. The first time it gave me an internet connection timeout but I persisted and the second time was a complete success.  

0 Kudos
Bohika

Jump to solution

Worked for me too -  Completely avoided the dreaded Factory Reset.  For now, I will be searching within the Roku interface for the show I want to watch, then accessing from there.  

Hopefully, in the near future, there will be a way to reload the entire AMC app and have it boot up correctly.  (Should be addressed from the AMC side, right?). I am on a Roku 2 / OS 9.2 / Spectrum. You rock!  Thanks for the workaround solution!

0 Kudos
Dirk2001

Jump to solution

It's All Good Man! Worked like a charm! 

morencdr

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and the same issue happens, even after deleting, resetting etc.

0 Kudos