Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morencdr

Re: Why is the AMC app not working?

Jump to solution

Workaround if you have Spectrum: use the voice command search on the Roku and request Better Call Saul (or whatever) and you can access the shows.

0 Kudos
dalsh327
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Worked for me!! Now I'm 3 episodes behind. Thanks!! 

0 Kudos
Crowsnest

Jump to solution

Ok so, this worked for us to watch Elsewhere, then when I tried tonight for TWD, it totally crapped out back to the home screen.  So I tried to backdoor through Elsewhere... could go to the search bar at the top and skip around up there, even search in the ‘Search’ area, only extras available there for some reason, but as soon as I stopped on the ‘Shows’ selection, I got booted back to the Roku/Elsewhere search page?  Super odd.

0 Kudos
mohawkman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update:  As of yesterday, the app is now working for TWD.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, and I've restarted my roku, uninstalled the channel, re-installed it, unplugged it, and still nothing. I also sent feedback. It was working fine prior to this.

0 Kudos
Rockondon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue was it needed to be reset several times and got tonthenpint where it physically made me reauthorize it and it worked took me days though 

0 Kudos
Rjm2492

Jump to solution

Did factory reset and immediately tried to reinstall and open it, still won't open.

0 Kudos
Rumbler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I had the same issue as everyone else on my Roku Premiere 4k. The firmware was 9.3x and up to date. Did the painful factory reset and restored all my channels to only find it would not still work after re-installing AMC. I did a little research on how to downgrade the firmware and found the "secret" code to get into the system. I did a downgrade to 9.2 and the App now opens. I did it as a test, but trying to turn off the auto updates in there as well. Not sure if it will work. Will check back in 24hrs or so. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

AMC is supposed to be free. right? 

0 Kudos
Rumbler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The app is free but you have to pay for the movies like you would be at the theater. Rent or Buy them. 

0 Kudos