Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefftrett
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is the AMC app not working?

Jump to solution

Same problem with mine. 

0 Kudos
jefftrett
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my amc app.

0 Kudos
Fej
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  How brilliant of them to screw up the app right as they have two of their biggest shows starting back up.

AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, that problem that spontaneously cropped up on only my Roku 4K Streaming Stick+ with latest OS.   I am on Spectrum cable and Internet.   The AMC app was previously running flawlessly, and was authorized, and had the correct login information, etc. but suddenly would just not start up.  It would trash out and  loop back to the Roku Home screen.  

After trying less drastic fixes, like restart, clear cache, and remove/reinstall the channel, I finally resorted to a complete reset to factory defaults.   (You will need Internet access and email to do this!!)   That purges any patches or incomplete updates in the operating system and proceeds directly to the latest version.  Once you log in and it "creates" your account on that Roku device,  It will give you the option to either put back all the channels you had, or start fresh.    You will need to Activate all independent channels that are tied to your cable subscription and that require a separate login.    This is not the first time I've had to reset one of my Roku devices to factory default to clear up some login problem involving Spectrum cable service.   However, a reset to factory default has fixed the problem every time.  

eta:   I have 4 different models of Roku devices made 2016 to current.  The Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K is the ONLY one that developed a problem with the AMC channel.  eta:  The only Roku, this time.  I've previously had the same issue with some of the others.  I suspect corrupted or incomplete updates are to blame.  But I don't really know.

stonecity
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update:  have been emailing with AMC's IT team. I sent them what was happening and they said that many in the Roku Community were having the issue. I will update this thread as I get information.

AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have Roku 4K Streaming Stick+, latest operating system. I also have older Rokus. The AMC channel suddenly quit a few days ago, just on the 4K stick. Would not start, just trashed out and went back to Roku home screen.   I tried the usual reset and uninstall/reinstall.  No good. 

I did a full reset the Roku to factory default this morning and let it rebuild all my existing channels. AMC starts up and streams fine now. I am on Spectrum cable, in case that's relevant. I think that will have y'all up and running ASAP.  

stonecity
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Full Reset worked! Thanks!

jefftrett
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The factory reset fixed the problem. Thanks for the info. Re-setup was easier than what I was expecting.

0 Kudos
jefftrett
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Factory reset fixed the problem and setting up everything was easier than expected.

Fej
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I watched online this week.  We'll see if AMC fixes their issue before then.  If not perhaps I'll try the factory reset method next week, although it really shouldn't be necessary.  Perhaps they shouldn't automatically update the channels if they can't work correctly afterwards without a factory reset.

0 Kudos