Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stonecity
Reel Rookie

Why is the AMC app not working?

Jump to solution

When I got to open AMC it won’t open and takes me back to the home screen. All other apps are working fine. Any suggestions?  Is this a problem with the App or my device? I have deleted and reloaded the AMC app to my Roku device and it did not solve the problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

Re: Why is the AMC app not working?

Jump to solution

I have Roku 4K Streaming Stick+, latest operating system. I also have older Rokus. The AMC channel suddenly quit a few days ago, just on the 4K stick. Would not start, just trashed out and went back to Roku home screen.   I tried the usual reset and uninstall/reinstall.  No good. 

I did a full reset the Roku to factory default this morning and let it rebuild all my existing channels. AMC starts up and streams fine now. I am on Spectrum cable, in case that's relevant. I think that will have y'all up and running ASAP.  

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This happens occasionally with Channels. Usually it irons itself out in time. You must already subscribe to AMC through another provider to get it. Let them know. Highlight the Channel in Home press the Star key and send feedback.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
martinmca
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Suddenly my AMC channel will not launch, even after re-installing.  Is anyone else having this issue?

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you reinstalled, did you follow the following procedure?

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON"T SKIP: From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory.
  4. After system restarts, find channel via Streaming Channels.
  5. Highlight channel and install.
  6. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Rockondon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here and I have tried everything I can think of.

mohawkman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  It has not worked itself out and I have sent feedback multiple times with no change in the result.

islanddreamer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Followed these instructions exactly and the channel still exits after launching. I'm on the 9.3 beta.

0 Kudos
Pauleyd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good to know I am not the only one having problems.  I was hoping to find a solution here.  I’ll check back in a few days

mdq2u

Jump to solution

Yep, same exact problem here, and I was all set for the new season of Saul!!

Pagevj

Jump to solution

Yes, I am having the same problem. I've removed and installed numerous times. Restarted my tv numerous times. Still nothing, very frustrating! No one seems to have an answer.