Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mothman
Level 7

AMC app crashing on Live TV

Hey! I hope this is the right place for this, apologies if it isn't.

Tonight, while trying to watch the new Walking Dead episode, the AMC app kept crashing back to the Roku home screen every time I tried to use the Live TV function within the app. The loading screen would come up, but it'd crash to the Roku home screen before any video could start playing. I rebooted my device* multiple times, reinstalled the app multiple times... still kept crashing. Is there any other way to possibly fix this that I'm missing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

* - I'm using a Roku Express, 3700X, if that's of any help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: AMC app crashing on Live TV

"Mothman" wrote:
Hey! I hope this is the right place for this, apologies if it isn't.

Tonight, while trying to watch the new Walking Dead episode, the AMC app kept crashing back to the Roku home screen every time I tried to use the Live TV function within the app. The loading screen would come up, but it'd crash to the Roku home screen before any video could start playing. I rebooted my device* multiple times, reinstalled the app multiple times... still kept crashing. Is there any other way to possibly fix this that I'm missing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

* - I'm using a Roku Express, 3700X, if that's of any help.

You mentioned rebooting and reinstalling, but the order is important, and you didn't specify the order. This is the correct order:

1. Remove the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app

Any other order won't accomplish anything.

Now, that doesn't mean it will resolve the issue, particularly if it's something on the AMC server side. But, to successfully accomplish what you tried, it must be in that order.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos